The Original McKenzie D-Shape Lumbar Roll was designed by world-renowned physiotherapist Robin McKenzie as part of the McKenzie Lumbar Roll range.
When used correctly, this versatile back support cushion can prevent and help to alleviate neck and back pain caused by poor posture. Made to the highest quality and specification, this authentic lumbar roll is recommended for use on soft furnishings such as sofas and lounge chairs. It is also ideal for use in the home, office or car for people who require lots of support, such as those with a heavier build or those with a large hollow in their lower back.
The human spine naturally forms an S shape, with the spine curving forwards at the lower back, outwards at the middle back and forwards again at the neck. When we sit we have a tendency to slump, meaning the lumbar spine drops backwards, reversing its natural curve. In this slumped position the muscles at the bottom of the back are stretched, often leading to back and neck pain. The Original McKenzie D-Shape Lumbar Roll can help to prevent and relieve this discomfort by promoting correct posture and the natural ‘S’ shape of the spine.
- D-Shape roll is made from high density foam and is therefore quite firm
- It is recommended for use in soft furnishings such as sofas and lounge chairs
- Comes with an adjustable elastic strap, to enable it to be fitted to a wide variety of chairs
- Ideal for anyone who spends long hours in a seated position, whether driving or sitting at a desk
- Provides relief for people who suffer from general neck and back pain, postural difficulties or experience neck and shoulder pain when working at a computer